Boy, Quite an Impressive Gathering!
Don’t you think Maoist manifesto a crap? LOL! I literally got rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off when studying their manifesto.
They promise free education till grade 12. Just how are they going to achieve this? UML had actually provided education for free till class 10 in their ruling period. But that was later canceled by the NC (UML only got a chance to rule for 9 months) due to lack of funds. How are they going to arrange money for this? This is unclear…
They also promise to generate 10,000 mega-watts of electricity. Generating electricity is quite expensive, it can take about 15 crore rupees for 1 megawatt. How are they going to bring Rs 15,00,00,00,00,000 (Rupees 15 kharab!!!)? Nepal’s budget is like only a few arabs, and much of that is from foreign donation and loan. Are they intending to sell Nepal?
They say Nepali’s per-capita income will be $3000. For that, a constant growth rate of 30% is needed. In Nepal, it has been difficult to make the growth rate as 5%, and how the hell are they going to increase the growth rate to 30%, that too for many years?
And I can go on and on about this…
Most of the things mentioned which are possible are bad, and the things which seem good are simply impossible. Some other good things have either already been implemented, or other parties’ manifesto state it as well. The only thing I like is that all the unequal agreements should be canceled.
NC ‘s manifesto is like their previous ones (read: horrible).. UML’s pretty nice, but also mentions some things that are not possible. NWPP has a good one – the best one in my opiniin, everything is backed with facts and reality. Some of the things that are in NeMaKiPa (Nepal Majdur Kisan Party – Nepal Workers’ and Peasants’ Party) ‘s manifesto :1. Socialize and nationalize manufacturing equipments.
2. Guarantee equal opportunity in personality development.
3. ‘yogyata anusaar ko kaam ra kaam anusaar ko jyala’ (Job equivalent to qualification, & pay according to the job).
4. Compulsory army training for all citizens above the age of 18 – this way we can defend our society.
5. Establishment of Women’s court, Consumer court, Labour court, et cetera
Some other things I liked in NeMaKiPa’s ghosanapatra and remember right now:
1. ‘jasko jot usko pot’ guaranteed.
2. Nepali citizens cannot keep their wealth abroad.
3. Agreements on natural resources should be done by 2/3rd majority in the parliament.