Here are some tips on travel that nobody’s going to tell you:
* Once you get out of the airport, the taxi-drivers & hotel agents may pull you & your luggage into their vehicles without even your noticing.
* If you’re a sexy lady, you may invite your admirers. (Letter to the Editor by a Japanese tour guide)
* If you believe in rule of law & refuse to pay taxes to any unauthorised person/body, you may be thrashed up with indigenous firewood. (Ask the Swiss who is recovering from his adventure)
*If you love lonely rural countrysides, you may be robbed of your valuables. (Material or otherwise)
* The whole world knows that Nepal is going through historic revolutionary transformation. Hence, you should be prepared for the strikes & uncertainties any time.
* While walking on the streets, you’ll always be accompanied by the beggars, street-children, & ‘antic’ sellers.
* And don’t complain, people & officials here are influenced by Buddha, & abhor complaints!
* Besides, your agents would seldom allow you to meet most of the shy & sincere people here.
Nevertheless, you’d still like to visit Nepal again, one of economically the poorest & naturally the richest countries in the world.