The deployment of the Special Task Force(SST) in the terai region of Nepal has been answered with even more bombings, kidnaps, & killings. This again proves that no uprising based on ethnic/religious/regional sentiments can be controlled with sheer force alone.
There are mainly three reasons for the Madhesi militancy becoming potentially similar to the LTTE of Sri-Lanka:
* The arguments behind the demands for self-rule are genuine; this gives them the necessary moral strength.
* Madhesis share the same culture with the Northern Bihar & UP of India.
* An open border with India has helped every anti-state rebellion in Nepal.
* The Nepal Government should immediately implement the already agreed upon policies with the Madhesi groups.
* The STF should be mobilized to control the criminal activities of non-political nature only.
* The UNMIN should be involved to resolve the issues.
Otherwise, it’s certain that the communal hatred & ethnic cleasing would steepily rise in the terai, spreading over the whole country in no matter of time.
( *related article: Virus Killers?!)